Jim Morris's Thought of the Week (or month, or year, ...)
Sunday, February 10, 2008
How to get attention.
Here are my suggestions with how to communicate using various tools, ordered by increasing urgency of message.
1. Post an event on a calendar or a public calendar. If someone is curious they can look.
2. Invite, via Google Calendar, someone to an event or meeting.
3. Send an email via Google Calendar to the invitee.
4. Send a regular email to someone.
5. Send a repeat email to someone with "[Second Request]" appended to the subject.
6. Call someone on the phone.
7. Go to someone's office and talk to them.
8. Put a gun to someone's head. :-)
posted by Jim Morris @ 8:12 PM